Chronic Care Management (CCM)
eCareLink has the technology and staff to help you improve the quality of care and patient engagement
while getting reimbursed through CMS’ value-based program.
What CCM does for the Provider:
- Physician practices get reimbursed for providing ongoing care to Medicare patients with chronic conditions.
- Helps providers proactively manage patient health rather than only treating disease and illness.
- Brings a systematic approach to defining and managing a patient’s Care Plan.
- Organizes care coordination under one provider.
What CCM does for the Patient:
- Provides patients with a care coordinator that closely monitors their health.
- Helps patients better understand their Care Plan.
- Offers added care for free for most patients.
Code 99490 Requirements
CMS established the Code 99490 in 2015 to reimburse for non-face-to-face care of patients with two (2) or more chronic care conditions. To receive reimbursement for CCM, practices must do the following:
- Contact eligible patients monthly
- Perform a minimum of 20-minutes of non-face-to-face care
- Establish, implement, revise or monitor a comprehensive care plan
What’s entailed in accomplishing CCM?
- Structured Data Recording – all data must be recorded in a Meaningful Use 1 or II certified HER
- Care Plan – accessible and sharable electronically with patient where appropriate
- 24/7 Access to Care – Continuity of care with designated care team member and enhanced communication opportunities.
- Manage Care – Systematic and documented patient contact, medication reconciliation and care coordination.